The history of our farm
"The good old times”
The property was acquired in 1894 by Josef Dick, who built the farm buildings in the same year. In later years he bought another 4 hectares of land and enlarged the farm buildings, which retain the same size and form today.
The Altjudenalm in Fusch/Ferleiten, acquired by Josef Dick in 1890, also forms part of the Lackenhof.
In 1964, Oswald Dick took over the farm and in 1966 he built the residential house with his wife Helene. In 1972, they converted the farm from a dairy farm to a cattle husbandry farm. In 1987 the herd was mated with “Jochberger Hummeln” cattle. 95% of the cows in our herd are hornless.
Since 2010, Oswald Dick Junior and his wife Melanie have been running the farm using organic farming methods.